Southwest flight returns to Phoenix after threats called into Sky Harbor

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1230southwestplane-ON.html

Southwest flight returns to Phoenix after threats called into Sky Harbor

Associated Press
Dec. 30, 2005 10:08 PM

A Southwest Airlines flight to El Paso was brought back to Phoenix on
Friday night after telephoned threats were received, authorities said.

Officials at Sky Harbor International Airport said Flight 792 landed
without incident and all 90 passengers aboard were being re-screened
along with their luggage at an isolated area of the airport.

"We received a threat but I can't elaborate on that," said Marilee
McInnis, a spokeswoman for Southwest Airlines in Dallas. "We turned the
plane around and notified the proper authorities."

Julie Rodriguez, a Sky Harbor spokeswoman, said the plane departed
Phoenix at 8:10 p.m. MST and "a couple of calls came in that caused
concerns."

Rodriguez said it was not clear where the calls originated and referred
all questions to the Transportation Security Administration, which did
not immediately return calls.

The 90 passengers were to be put on other flights to El Paso later
Friday night, according to Rodriguez.