Re: SFGate: Jet With Fuselage Hole Lands in Seattle

AIRLINE:

Dennis, You're right.  The entire staff will be yelled
at because the could have been a fatal error.

When I worked for AWA, they told us 'nothing other
than hoses and
pull bag should come in contact with the plane.' This
includes belt loaders.  A small scratch could cost
thousands and something more serious can cause a
mechanical and delay a flight or in this rare case, a
terrible incident that could have led to disaster.

Airline-watchers however, will use this incident to
cite that third-party workers aren't as careful as the
airlines' workers themselves.

-- Mike Burris
   Cambridge, Mass