Re: WN Question

From: "Michael Burris" <yyz_02140@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2005 2:41 PM

<snip>
> Since this incident has happened, I've heard two
> prevailing theories: weather and runway length.
<snip>
> My  feeling is that the weather was the culprit, but we'll
> have to wait and see.

Guessing at this distance isn't very profitable.  Just the same, I'll say
that landing with a tailwind sounds strange,  and if you can't stop and
others can it seems as if you landed long.    Whether it was the wind or the
crew will have to await the findings (guesses?) of NTSB.

Unpleasant, though, and tragic for the folks in the car.

Gerry
http://www.pbase.com/gfoley9999/
http://www.wilowud.net/
http://home.columbus.rr.com/gfoley