Re: outsourcing

(You're welcome David)

There are two things people are really missing here.  First, jetBlue is not
even 6 years old yet.  While they have been profitable since taking to the
skies, they are definately not in the cash position to be spending money on
massive superbay hangars to perform D checks and the like.  B6 did open 2 hangars
this year (one smaller one at MCO to do light MX and for LiveTV, and one larger
one at JFK) and is bringing their maintainance slowly in house (I believe they
do up to B-checks right now) and they have their MX supervisors sign off on
C-Checks.  I am sure there will come a time where B6 does heavier maintainance,
but they have not really had the time to invest in that kind of
infrastructure with their record growth.
My second point is one that people seem to keep missing.  Aeroman IS a leader
in A320 family maintainance and TACA is the largest carrier in Central
America.  They are all fully Airbus trained and could easily pass an FAA A&P course.
 B6 was having their work done by Air Canada (likely cheaper than United
Services, Northwest or Lufthansa Technik) and determined that Aeroman would be
cheaper and still maintain their planes to the highest level.  Landing on a
jacked gear on international television is bad enough press, and that seems to be
an aircraft design flaw, they don't want to start having major issues with
their aircraft and I seriously doubt they will be taking the risk of just that
because of bad maintainance.

In a message dated 10/25/2005 12:22:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,