From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David
MR
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 11:13 PM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: jet Blue incident

Did you interview the pilots to determine that they didn't continue with the
flight so they could "have a controlled situation in which to land..."?

JFK is JetBlue's main base where they do maintenance.  Unless the gear would
not retract - which the news casts I've seen haven't mentioned - the
aircraft could have made it to JFK.

What do you call a lawyer in a firm that specializes in aviation that sues
an airline before the facts of the incident/accident are in?  What do you
call a lawyer in a firm that specializes in aviation that sues an aircraft
manufacturer because its plane was not maintained properly (in other words,
there was no defect in the airplane cause by the manufacturer.

Did you know that a large part of the cost of purchasing is due to
suit-happy lawyers?  At one time, 70 (seventy!) percent of the cost of a
Cessna light aircraft was due to possible liability caused by lawyers.

>From my view here on my high horse, I still say one of the reasons that the
aircraft went to LAX was due to lawyers.

Alireza, based on your previous e-mails and this one I should have known
that you were pursuing a career in an industry that is rated very high on
the list of professions that most people hate.

David R
http://home.comcast.net/~damiross/books.html
www.sequoians.com
www.chanticleers.org