Re: Reuters: 737-200 crashes in Indonesia

...As far as Mandala goes, I believe it has always
operated at the lower end as far as maintenance, age
of aircraft, etc. (I remember photographing their
Electras not THAT long ago). I believe they have had
more than their share of accidents as well.

And yes, the airport in MES is VERY close to town. My
dad and I rode a betjak (bicycle taxi) to the airport
from the downtown bus station. I believe it still has
the second story open air obs deck it had when I was
there shooting years ago....

Bryant Petitt
Cumming, GA