Who operates these 747's?

I've been wasting time and enjoying myself with Google Earth.  It is an
assembly of satellite pictures of practically the whole world.  They are
nearly cloud free and many of them are quite high resolution.

Here's a copy of two clips from a satellite image of Anchorage Int'l:

http://www.pbase.com/image/48774014.jpg

(hope I won't be carted off to jail for violating copyright).

Anybody know who operates them, and am I correct in identifying the type?  I
suspect they're freighters.  The tail numbers suggest the airline might be
in one of the former USSR countries.   The shadow of one seems to make it a
747-100 or 747-200.

Why did almost everyone give up painting tail numbers on wings?

Gerry
http://www.pbase.com/gfoley9999/
http://www.wilowud.net/
http://home.columbus.rr.com/gfoley