Trip Report: FWA-MSP

UA 5515 - FWA - ORD op by Air Wisconsin
Sch Dep - 0855 (Actual: 0944)
Sch Arr - 0957 (Actual: 1025)
Seat 10D
CRJ - (N# not observed)
Gate 1

After a quick 0805 checkin at FWA (through security by 0810), I settled in
for the wait.  A brief weather delay (Chicago) was announced, so boarding
via Gate 1 was pushed back to 0910, but was actually called one minute
earlier.  After boarding, we taxied out via taxiway C to Runway 23 and
wheels were up at 0942.  Concluding a somewhat choppy flight, we arrived
at ORD - Runway 27, wheels down at 1018, and arrived at Gate F2 at 1026.

UA 549 - ORD - MSP
Sch Dep - 1205 (Actual: 1214)
Sch Arr - 1323 (Actual: 1358)
Seat 23F
Airbus 319 (N830UA)
Gate B5

Boarded at 1205.  We were next to a United Shuttle (N922UA).  Pushed back
at 1219, proceeding to 27L.  We waited in line - Behind AA4068 (ORD-PIA,
N651AE), and UA5409 (ORD-FSD, N444ZW).  We taxied and hold at 1248,
rolling onto the runway at 1250 - wheels up within that minute.  As I
listened to Channel 9, we climed and maintained 13,000 feet, then to 250
knots (no speed specified at 13,000) at 16,000 feet, Heading 285.  We flew
direct Waterloo (Iowa) eventually moving up to 29,000 feet.  Landing in
MSP was on 12L at 1353.  We taxied via taxiways P and D enroute to Gate
E10.  We arrived at the gate at 1358.  Baggage was slow to arrive but all
was claimed.

After a few days, let's fly home!

UA 1172 - MSP - ORD
Sch Dep - 1030 (Actual: 1022)
Sch Arr - 1150 (Actual: 1147)
Seat 16A
737-500 (N930UA)
Gate E6

Arriving at the airport at 0830, I proceeded to checkin.  Went through
Security as well and walked around G concourse, killing time.  Made my way
back to E6 in time for boarding which was called at 1001.  We were next to
an ATA plane - N315TZ.  Pushback was at 1029.  We taxied out on taxiway P
towards Runway 30R and queued up behind NW2841 (MSP-JFK, N8698A).  Behind
us was NW3784 (MSP-MDT, N831AY).  Wheels up for our aircraft was at 1043.
We moved up towards 25,000 feet towards Madison and Janesville, Wisconsin.
Had a perfect view of MSN enroute.  We were cleared direct to land on
Runway 9R and hold short of Taxiway S.  Wheels down at 1140.  We taxied
around a fair bit and pulled up to Gate B3 at 1156.

UA 5504 - ORD - FWA op by Air Wisconsin
Sch Dep - 1320 (Actual: 1326)
Sch Arr - 1422 (Actual: 1400)
Seat 1C
CRJ (Canadair CL-65) (N# not observed)
Gate F4

Pushed back and proceeded on Taxiway A to Runway 9L.  Wheels up just as we
passed over the intersection of 9L and 32R.  An easy flight, arriving on
Runway 14 in Fort Wayne.  Wheels down at 1352 and we were parked at Gate 1
by 1354.  Luggage was a bit late coming out, but everything was claimed
per normal.

Questions:

1. What's a "Zero West Routing" out of ORD?

2. Who's callsign is Foxtrot (Unless I understand that to mean something
else?)

3. What's the logic in some airlines dropping the first number of a
four-digit flight number and others not doing so?  Northwest seemed to
retain all four-digit flight numbers (I'm talking about NW Airlink here),
while United Express seemed to chop the first number off its four digit
flight numbers.

4. What's a "Wing Walker"?

5. On the return flight to ORD, we were cleared direct to "Kleena"
(Clenna?) - what's that?  I don't see it mentioned anywhere on the ORD FAA
plate.

Thanks, and I apologize if this isn't up to the exacting standards :-)

Blaine Thompson
Fort Wayne, IN