Re: ATL's Proud Boast!

Very much true.

As far as a geographic location for a hub for US operations,
Atlanta's hard to beat. If anything, the % of the US population
within 2 hours flight time has been INCREASING faster for Atlanta in
absolute passengers than any other hub.

Atlanta is deceivingly very far north and west. For Canadians who
drive Toronto->Tampa, Atlanta is pretty much half-way.

Keep in mind why Atlanta was first founded. It was the intersection
of six major railroads that were spreading from America's east coast
to it's west coast, through a break in the Appalachians.  (Hence the
name of a train station to this day, Six Points.)

To this day, Atlanta is a supply chain distribution sweet spot.
Temperate climate, I20,I75,I85 all intersect, relatively low labour
costs etc. etc.

Matthew