Re: Low Fares?

My opinion is that FAA funds should go to the National Airspace infrastructure, funding such things as air traffic control centers, towers, navigation aids, etc.  An airport should receive funding for its growth (runways, terminals, etc.) from sources such as the local/state authorties and user fees.  Major airports already collect PFC's (a tax).

For those of you who may not be native to the country or who have forgotten their history, the original purpose of the federal government was not to be the source of funding for the states.  It was to provide for the common defense, foreign relationsk, and interstate commerce ONLY.

It can be aruged that airports are part of the interstate commerce function.  However, I still think they should be funded by the entity owning them.

David R