Re: SFGate: Northwest Nixes Pretzels on U.S. Flights

Bill Hough wrote:

> Friday, May 27, 2005 (AP)
> Northwest Nixes Pretzels on U.S. Flights
>

>    (05-27) 11:34 PDT MINNEAPOLIS (AP) --
>
>    In the latest cost-cutting move by a struggling airline carrier, Northwe=
> st
> Airlines Corp. is nixing pretzels on its domestic flights, months after it
> stopped serving free meals.
>
>    Beginning June 9, coach passengers who want anything other than soda will
> have to pay for it. They can get a 3-ounce bag of trail mix for $1.
> Northwest Airlines Corp. spokesman Kurt Ebenhoch said Friday the airline
> has no immediate plans to stop offering soda for free.

My father flew MSP-ANC on Thursday and there were no pretzels or
peanuts. Only soda. If you know about this in advance, it's not such a
bad thing. If you've just flown AMS-MSP, arrived two hours late and had
no time to hit an ATM after customs -- and they don't take euros in
exchange for food, it sucks. A lot.

At least when you go Greyhound they stop at McDonalds every once in a while.

Todd