Re: SFGate: US Airways Glitch Leads to Cheap Tickets

Blaine Thompson wrote:

>On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Matthew Montano wrote:
>

>>I guess I was under the (false) assumption that airlines actually kept
>>track of what a passenger paid for a given ticket.
>>

>All airlines keep track of the fare code, as best I remember.  If the FA
>knew that the guy in 6D paid $2.00 for their ticket, I'd hope the guy in
>6D got poor service. :-)
>
>Let's not name names...
>
>- Blaine

The pricing department or database host mangles a fare load, so the
service team turns around and dings the customers?

Wow.  Good luck with the restructuring... I mean "extreme makeover".

- Bob Mann

--
R.W. Mann & Company, Inc.   >>  Airline Industry Analysis
Port Washington, NY  11050  >>  tel 516-944-0900, fax -7280

This e-mail is for the designated recipient only and may contain
privileged or confidential information.  If you have received it
in error, please notify the above sender immediately then delete
the original e-mail.  Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited.