Runway 29 at SFO?

I was playing around with the satellite photos on Google Maps
(http://maps.google.com), and naturally looked at some airport images.
Since I know SFO best, I looked in some detail, and saw something I'd
never noticed before: a taxiway, to the right of and parallel to runway
28R, marked "29".  It has the numbers in the right place, a marked
threshold with arrows, and a dashed centerline.  I've seen planes use
that taxiway -- I think it's designated Charlie -- but is it ever used
as a runway?    The other end is not numbered, but there is a marked
threshold and arrows, just past 1L/19R.  Runway 29 is not mentioned in
any of the airport info sites I know of, including the FAA airport
diagrams site, nor in the AOPA Guide that I have in hardcopy.

Anyone know the story behind the mystery runway 29?

--
Michael C. Berch
mcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx