Airport Policing, Police, & Crime

Hello All:

I'm writing an article on Airport Policing.

After contacting some PR departments of world
airports, I've found that many will not speak on the
subject.  While I can understand their reluctance, I
am wondering if anyone can share their feelings or
experiences with airport police with respect to how
they operate, how well they do their jobs, what makes
/ doesn' t make a good police officer, etc., as your
conscience permits.

Several years ago, major crimes have taken place at
airports in the US and around the world.  I'm told the
movie 'Goodfellas' was based on one such type of heist
of money and jewlery.

Thanks,

Michael A. Burris
Cambridge, Massachusetts