AvBorne sold to Sargent

Avborne Sells Accessory Division to Sargent

Dover Corporation has purchased Avborne Accessory Group from the owners of
the Avborne businesses based in Miami, Florida. Avborne will continue its
heavy aircraft maintenance operation at Miami International Airport, while
the Accessory Group becomes part of Dover's Sargent division.

Eddie Montalvo will remain at the leadership post at Avborne Accessory, and
the Avborne name will be retained. "Like other Sargent companies," said
Marcel Zondag, Sargent's vice president business development, "we do keep a
certain brand identity. Avborne will be fully integrated within the realm of
the Sargent group of companies."

The acquisition signals a move by Sargent to align its subsidiary companies
in a market-focused fashion. "This is the cornerstone of the aftermarket
group," Zondag said. And Avborne will likely be added to, he continued, if
the right company can be found to add to Sargent's aftermarket operations.

"This is the cornerstone of the aftermarket group," Zondag said. Prior to
buying Avborne Accessory, "we lacked a certain amount of mass in the
aftermarket. And with mass comes diversity." Sargent has always operated
repair facilities for its own products such as hydraulic components. And the
trend in the aviation marketplace has been for airlines to seek multiple
services from single providers. "Airlines are willing to look at getting
broad component support in families of parts," he explained. "Avborne
Accessory has seven shops. That allows you to offer your customer broader
support. Combine that with our engineering prowess as an OEM and the
financial strength of Dover...it's basically a move that allows us to meet
the more comprehensive needs of airlines that are outsourcing chunks of
stuff and small airlines looking to outsource, too."

Sargent will continue to grow its aerospace activities, according to Zondag,
with the financial backing of Dover. "We don't want to grow for growth's
sake," he said. "It has to make sense, it has to be profitable for the
shareholders and the company. The Dover board believes in aerospace in the
long run. There's tremendous growth in Asia that's going to happen."

To take advantage of that growth, Sargent will look at engineering and
production opportunities outside the U.S. "We've opened a production
facility in Mexico," Zondag said, "and we're heavily investigating setting
up some engineering support in India. It's becoming more of a global
industry. We've got to face the reality of where the action is, both in
business models and locations. This is all just geared towards placing
ourselves in that marketplace and placing our band in the middle of it."