Re: Escalating fuel costs shove Delta to brink

This is the idiocy that got the industry in trouble in the first place.

Your number two cost is through the roof (fuel) and you go out and
raise the price of your drinks?

Somewhat simplistic, I know, but why doesn't a large airline hunker
down and RAISE FARES.

Yes, your planes will be not as full. That's not entirely a bad thing,
you were loosing money flying folks anyways.

Both Southwest in the US and WestJet in Canada grew under this concept;
and now can boast that they have many of the highest fares on many
routes.

It truly blows my mind that several multi-billion dollar organizations
are in a pathetic round of airline chicken.

Matthew