Re: Jets' Sonic Boom Rattles Bay Area

From: <lafrance@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2005 6:22 PM

> Jets' Sonic Boom Rattles Bay Area
>
> Published: Mar 12, 2005
>

> TAMPA - A sonic boom from a pair of jets heading to MacDill Air Force Base
> rattled > windows and nerves in the Bay area Friday.
<snip>
Here in Central Ohio we used to have them all the time, even two or three a
day, during the 1950's and 1960's.  There were, according to the Air Force
and the Navy, never any supersonic jets in the area at the time of the
booms.

What killed the American SST, of course. was the record transcontinental B58
flight that laid one across the whole country.

Gerry
http://www.pbase.com/gfoley9999/
http://foley.ultinet.net/~gerry/aerial/aerial.html
http://home.columbus.rr.com/gfoley