Re: Lufthansa Cancels 75 Frankfurt Flights Due To Bush Visit

Frankfurt Flughafen *is* a military base. The other side of the field
is Rhein-Main Air Base, a major U.S. base in Germany since WWII. They
share the runways and other facilities.  Rhein-Main is downsized now,
and will be closed down and will revert to full German control at the
end of 2005, but it's a secure U.S. military facility at present, and
has facilities for handling AF1.  Unfortunately, the effect on FRA
traffic is significant.

--
Michael C. Berch
mcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx