Re: Airline Pilot's Pay

While I think it's nuts to only pay a Pilot $15/her (I want the guy up
front VERY happy and VERY well paid, David does have a point.

No one is forcing the guy to fly. People have to change careers all
the time - I went from stock boy to parts manager to tractor trailer
driver to owning my own very successful consulting business.
Who knows if this will last, or if I will have to make another
career change.

No one forced me to stay in a job that didn't pay me enough, rather,
I educated myself and advanced myself and did whatever it took to
move up the line.

If he chooses to be a poorly paid Pilot, then that is his choice.
America is full of choices, and he's got plenty of other options.

Having said that, I personally would like to see my
Pilots/teachers/Cops/Firemen/Soldiers
be very well paid. They have important jobs, and it seems that it only
makes sense
to reward them.

Frank