Re: Airline Pilot's Pay

=>-----Original Message-----
=>From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
=>Bahadir Acuner
=>Also remember that a regular 9-5 job is about 2,000
=>hrs /year. So when you are calculating pilot salaries
=>the pay you have to consider is hourly pay/2.
=>Last but not least a buddy of mine started in Great
=>Lakes last week. He is getting 15/hr. Assuming he is
=>going to get 1000 hrs in a year (which he won't) he
=>will get paid less than minimum wage for the job.
NO, NO, NO!  If he gets paid $15 an hour, he is not making minimum wage.  He
is making twice the minimum wage for what is a part time job.  If I work at
Taco Bell and make $10 an hour and work 500 hours a year, I am still making
above the minimum wage.  According to your logic, I would be making less
than minimum wage because you would divide my pay by 4 (2000 hours for "9 to
5"  divided by 500).

Was your friend forced to fly for Great Lakes at gun point?  This is still a
mostly free country.  If a pilot doesn't want to be paid so-called low wages
then he shouldn't be a pilot.

Another thing:  the per diem is usually found money for, if I recall
correctly, it is not taxable.

David R
http://home.comcast.net/~damiross/books.html
www.sequoians.com