Re: SFGate: Chinese jetliners land in Taiwan for the first time in 56 years

From: "Bill Hough" <psa188@xxxxxxxx>

Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 9:41 AM

<snip>
   Jetliners from China landed in rival Taiwan for the first time in 56
years
Saturday
<snip>
   Taiwan's biggest carrier, China Airlines, made its first flight to
Beijing. The trip was part of the series of 48 charter flights approved
for the weeklong Lunar New Year holiday, which begins Feb. 9.
<snip>

At least one of the aircraft involved was a Boeing 777.  I believe it
belonged to Air China.

This story, like others I have heard, did not say it the deal was for 48
round trips or 48 one way.  Since the media like big numbers, I suspect it
is the latter.

Gerry
http://www.pbase.com/gfoley9999/
http://foley.ultinet.net/~gerry/aerial/aerial.html