Re: SFGate: Commercial flights resume at Palmdale Regional Airport

VGT has had airline service in the past.  It is also a major base for Scenic
(mainly flights to Grand Canyon).

VGT is also the 2nd busiest airport in Nevada

http://www.mccarran.com/ga_nlv.asp

Scenic is a certified carrier. Alireza, you don't seem to like to do
research before asking a question so I've copied the following from
http://www.scenicairlines.com/saws1aboutus.htm (part of the Scenic Airlines
website) so you don't have to waste time doing research:

About Us

Since 1967, when Scenic Airlines flew the first airborne tour over one of
the Seven Wonders of the World, the Grand Canyon, Scenic has set the
standard for aerial sightseeing tour operators.  Today, Scenic Airlines is
famous all over the world for our Grand Canyon flights and many other tours
to the great National Parks of the United States. We are the largest and
most experienced aerial tour operator in the world. Over 10 million
customers have visited the Grand Canyon and other National Parks with Scenic
Airlines since that first flight. Each year, we carry approximately 300,000
passengers (600,000 enplanements) on sightseeing tours alone.

No wonder our name has become synonymous with travel to the Grand Canyon and
National Parks!

Sightseeing Tour Operator

Scenic Airlines is simply the best aerial sightseeing company in the world.
Scenic Airlines is the largest and most experienced aerial tour operator in
the world, specializing, in scheduled tours and exclusive charters to the
Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon , Monument Valley, Sedona , Yosemite , Lake
Powell , and other great sights of the United States Southwest. In 1967,
Scenic Airlines began flying sightseeing tours from Las Vegas to the Grand
Canyon and in the following 35 years, Scenic Airlines pioneered the aerial
sightseeing industry.

Our tours showcase the most impressive landscapes of the National Parks and
allow visitors from all over the world to experience the rich beauty of the
Southwest. Scenic offers over 20 unique tours  that range from a one-hour,
air-only sightseeing flight, to a three-day, two-night program throughout
the Southwest. Our tours vary from easy and relaxed to adventure
expeditions.

As the premier experts of the Southwest scenery, Scenic Airlines also
specializes in developing unique customized tours, designed exclusively for
groups, companies or incentive programs. Whether our customers would like a
gourmet meal on a private beach at Lake Powell, an exceptional meeting
arranged at the Rim of the Grand Canyon or a day on the Colorado River
white-water rafting, Scenic Airlines can arrange the perfect itinerary,
including exclusive charters of our aircraft.

Regional Air Carrier

Scenic Airlines is one of the few airlines in the world that successfully
operates as a both a sight- seeing tour operator and regional air carrier.
Scenic Airlines provides daily scheduled air service from Las Vegas to Grand
Canyon, Ely, Nevada, and Merced, California. Our flights are registered with
the Official Airline Guide and are available through Worldspan and most
airline computer systems.

Ely, Nevada
Scenic Airlines was awarded the Essential Air Service (EAS) contract for
Ely, Nevada in September 2001 and began flying daily scheduled service
shortly thereafter. The community and airport facility have been
well-pleased with Scenic Airlines' performance.

"Scenic Airlines has proven to be a tremendous addition to both, the airport
and the county. The passengers appreciate the ability to reach Las Vegas and
connect to other flights or accomplish daytime business. Scenic's
performance has been exemplary-reliability of flights, timeless of payments,
activity in the community and customer services have all been first rate."

   Dan Callaghan
   Airport Superintendent
   Ely-White Pine County Airport

During the past year, passenger enplanements have steadily increased each
month, showing over 120% growth in a 10-month period. The increase in
passenger volume is largely due to the very low rates Scenic offers, the
easy connection to McCarran International Airport and the Las Vegas weekend
packages.  Click here for Ely schedules

Merced, California
In October 2001, the Department of Transportation awarded the EAS contract
for Merced, California to Scenic Airlines. As with Ely, we applied our basic
policy of offering outstanding service, competitive low rates, convenient
location to McCarran Airport for connections to the major airlines and Las
Vegas weekend packages. The Merced community has responded with a dramatic
increase in enplanements and high praise. The previous EAS contract was
operated by Skywest as United Express, flying from Merced to Los Angeles. In
less than a year, Scenic Airlines has surpassed enplanements.

"Starting from the second month onward, we already achieved a substantial
increase in passenger traffic. Apart from these passenger enplanement gains,
we are particularly happy about the service your company has provided to the
traveling public. Staff and I have received numerous compliments from our
community about the quality and level of service your team of professionals
has provided them.

  Constantion Herrera
  Airport Superintendent
  Merced Airport

Scenic Airlines also developed marketing strategies to increase volume on
the inbound flights from Las Vegas to Merced. Since Scenic is world renown
as the largest aerial sightseeing carrier in the world, specializing in the
United States National Parks, we created a one-day   Yosemite Tour from Las
Vegas. Using our international expertise and global network of sales
agencies, Scenic has publicized this tour through out the world.

Scenic has also advertised California get-away packages for Las Vegas
residents capitalizing on Merced's natural assets with ski packages in the
winter and white water rafting in the summer.  Click here for Merced
schedules
David R
http://home.comcast.net/~damiross/books.html