Re: Questions about this picture

Hi all,

Russel is correct - these house the stairwells. On one of my last visits
though Frankfurt I was travelling Berlin - Frankfurt - London. The A300
disembarked on the lower level (domestic and Schengen). I went upstairs,
cleared passport control and waited in the departure lounge on the upper
level for London (non-Schengen). When the flight was  called I walked down
the stairs and got onto the same plane that had just arrived from Berlin.

>If you notice, some of the "walls" even go up to the third level. These
>might be for VIP lounges.

No, the uppermost level is the station for the A gates for the the
'Sktrain' that connects terminals.

Hope this helps,

Alastair

***************************************
Dr. Alastair T. Gardiner

Microbial Photosynthesis Lab 217
Division of Biochemistry & Mol. Biol.
Institute of Biomedical & Life Sciences
Davidson Building
University of Glasgow
Glasgow G12 8QQ
Scotland

Tel. (+44) 141 330 6449
Fax. (+44) 141 330 4620
E-mail. atg3v@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.gla.ac.uk/ibls/BMB/rjc/agardiner.html

Have a look at my airliner photography at

http://airliners.net/search/photo.search?emailsearch=atg3v@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx