Re: Questions about this picture

Dear Friends

They look like the house the jetways, plus stairwells.

My assumption is that arriving passengers walk through the jetways into the
building on the same level for customs, immigration, baggage claim, etc.
Departing passengers are in the holding area located one floor above. They
need to walk down one floor via stairwell to access the jetway.

This satisfies the need to separate arriving and departing passengers for
security reasons.

If you notice, some of the "walls" even go up to the third level. These
might be for VIP lounges.

Hong Kong's Chep Lap Kok uses two ramps accessing two floors, one for
arriving passengers and the other for departing. In the old days at Kai
Tak, there was only one ramp but it moved up and down a floor, depending
whether passengers were arriving or departing. That was pretty neat.

Russell Ng
SIN