SFGate: German tour operator TUI to buy 10 Boeing jets, sell Airbus planes

=20
This article was sent to you by someone who found it on SFGate.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=3D/news/archive/2005/01/06/f=
inancial0616EST0020.DTL
Thursday, January 6, 2005 (AP)
German tour operator TUI to buy 10 Boeing jets, sell Airbus planes

   (01-06) 03:16 PST BERLIN (AP) --
   German tour operator TUI AG said Thursday it has ordered 10 new jets from
U.S. aircraft maker Boeing Co. and will sell five Airbus planes operated
by its Hapag-Lloyd airline.
   The new Boeing 737-800s will be delivered between early 2006 and mid-200=
7,
TUI said. Hapag-Lloyd's five Airbus A310 aircraft "will be sold in due
course," leaving the airline with an all-Boeing fleet.
   "We are making use of the current opportunity of buying cost efficient
aircraft at attractive prices to renew our fleet and retain the
flexibility of our capacity planning," TUI board member Sebastian Ebel
said. "We also benefit from the current favorable exchange rate."
   TUI did not disclose the value of the deal.
   The dollar's long slide against the euro gives American exporters a price
advantage. Still, Boeing has slipped behind European rival Airbus over the
past two years. On Wednesday, Boeing said it delivered 285 commercial
airplanes in 2004. Airbus said two weeks ago it was on track to deliver as
many as 320 aircraft, up from 305 the previous year when it surpassed
Boeing for the first time.

Copyright 2005 AP