Congressional Hearing called on holiday travel woes.

Hmmm, she wants to have a look at the "crisis management of the computer systems used by our nation's airlines."

I believe US Airways should liquidate now rather than go down in a storm of horrible press, embarassing revelations, lawsuits, and, of course, falling traffic...

http://www.midhudsonnews.com/News/Kelly_Air-snafus-29Dec04.htm

Kelly calls for Congressional hearings into holiday air travel woes

Congresswoman Sue Kelly, a senior member of the House Aviation Subcommittee, today called on Congress to hold hearings to address the problems behind the "intolerable" airline delays and cancellations endured by thousands of Americans throughout the country, including at Stewart International Airport, during this past holiday weekend.

Kelly wrote to Don Young, chairman of the House Committee on Transportation & Infrastructure, urging him to hold hearings as immediately as possible in the new 109th Congress, which convenes next week.

"This past weekend's airline failures were, in a word, inexcusable," Kelly said. "These hearings would set our Committee on a course to ensure that such a senseless holiday travel debacle is never repeated."

Kelly detailed the impact felt by passengers at Stewart in her letter to the chairman. "Only a handful of airlines with limited routes serve Stewart, so Hudson Valley travelers were left with virtually no alternatives when Comair (Delta) and U.S. Airways Express canceled their flights and devastated their holiday travel plans."

Nationally, a massive computer problem put Comair completely out-of-service from Christmas Day until today. Furthermore, U.S. Airways experienced what it is calling an "operational meltdown" on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day that canceled some 300 flights, stranded thousands of passengers, and left thousands more without their luggage when they arrived at their destinations.

"Our Committee should hold hearings to address the crisis management of the computer systems used by our nation's airlines, and to address the alternative plans that airlines should already have in place for massive sickouts and other potential internal disruptions during a busy travel time," Kelly said.