From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Michael C. Berch
Sent: December 10, 2004 3:32 PM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Some transatlantic questions

Thanks. Actually, I have done transatlantic on LH a bunch of times, both
SFO-FRA (744) and SFO-MUC (A340).  It's very nice service, esp, in the A340
with 2-2-2 seating (I like the middle section in business class, it's a
aisle but with no one climbing over you). But for this trip I can't really
make it work, since there's only direct service to Germany and that's a long
backtrack to Dublin. I also have no plausible business reason to fly to
Germany, so there would be some explaining to do on my expense report :-),
whereas I can write off London as a plausible gateway to Dublin, esp. if I
route SFO-LHR-DUB-(X)-LHR-SFO, with LHR-DUB being a cheap bmi flight or even
an add-on to my main ticket. (X) is some side trips in Europe by train or
else bmi/Easyjet/Ryanair.

--Michael