GDS resistance is futile

Independence Air and JetBlue can't get away from them.  This despite both their bold statements at start-up to avoid them like the plague.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/041122/dcm035_1.html

Press Release Source: Independence Air

All Independence Air (DH) Flights/Fares Now Available for Sale on Worldspan GDS; System Credited With Processing 65% of All Online Airline Transactions in the U.S.

Monday November 22, 11:39 am ET

DULLES, Va., Nov. 22 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Low-fare airline Independence Air (Nasdaq: FLYi - News) announced today that its entire flight schedule and all fares are now available for sale through the Worldspan global distribution system (GDS). Independence Air flights are listed under the symbol DH.

Worldspan is considered the leader in e-commerce for the travel industry. Last year the system reported that it handled over 65 percent of online airline transactions made in the U.S. that were processed by a global distribution system.

Independence Air Senior Vice President of Marketing Eric Nordling said, "This is another positive step toward our goal of making it even more convenient for corporate travel managers and agencies to take advantage of Independence Air and our low-fare flights. So many corporations are continuing to tell us they are excited about flying with us, but need to make their bookings through the GDS system. So, with today's announcement, we now have two excellent GDS partners, and we are starting to see many more business travelers flying with us already."

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2004/Nov/1096413.htm

[November 23, 2004]

JetBlue Enhances Customer Focus with New Technology from Sabre Airline Solutions; Technology Helps Reduce Fuel Consumption and Waiting Time on Taxiway

SOUTHLAKE, Texas --(Business Wire)-- Nov. 23, 2004 -- JetBlue Airways announced it has teamed with Sabre Airline Solutions for technology to help the airline more efficiently manage airport-based resources. The technology, part of the Sabre Streamline Resource Management Suite, will initially be implemented at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City.

The new gate management technology will help JetBlue reduce operational costs, improve on-time performance and better utilize gate assets. In addition, the technology will help an airline assign more feasible, efficient gate assignments to existing schedules, which means JetBlue will be able to reduce waiting time on the taxiway, lessening potential fuel burn and maintaining high on-time performance and customer service.