Re: Hawaiian eyes Australian expansion

Bahadir Acuner wrote:
> The thing is though, is this a good time to increase the traffic to Down
> Under? They are experiencing the summer. Why would I want to go to Hawaii
> when I can soak up the sun in Sydney? :)

Hawaiian hasn't even announced service yet, so I would be surprised if
any new flights begin before the end of the Australian summer.

> I am also skeptical about "best connecting point" idea. I'd rather take the
> long ass non-stops to US and then use AA or UA to connect wherever I am
> going from LAX/SFO..

As Alireza pointed out, some people may prefer to even out their travel
times with a stop in HNL, rather than take the nonstop from LAX.
Smokers in particular will probably appreciate the break; I knew people
when I was living in HNL that wouldn't want to take a nonstop from there
to EWR or ATL, the stop on the west coast gives them a chance to have a
cigarette.

I haven't looked into it, but Hawaiian may also offer the opportunity to
have a stopover in HNL, which people might find attractive.

--
David Mueller / MRY
dmueller7@xxxxxxxxx