Boeing Statement On Singapore Airlines 777-300ER A

Boeing Statement On Singapore Airlines 777-300ER A =

    =

Username: NWA757 =

>From  United States, joined Aug 2003, 151 posts, RR: 1
Posted Thu Oct 7 2004 00:19:34 UTC+1 and read 3527 times:

SEATTLE, Aug. 25, 2004 -- The Boeing Company is very pleased with Singapo=
re Airlines' (SIA's) intention to purchase 18 Boeing 777-300ER jetliners.=
 We look forward to working with SIA to finalize this important order. =

"Singapore Airlines continues to show why it is the best and most profita=
ble airline in the world, becoming the newest and largest 777-300ER custo=
mer," said Alan Mulally, president and CEO =96 Boeing Commercial Airplane=
s. "With this order, SIA also becomes the largest customer for the 777 fa=
mily, whose efficiency continues to prove to be a key attribute with the =
current trend in fuel prices. We are very proud of our great relationship=
 with this superb carrier."

Singapore Airlines' decision to purchase the 777-300ER is a testament to =
their high confidence in twin-engine efficiency and safety and their desi=
re to meet the needs of passengers with efficient, direct routes.

When the order is completed, SIA's total firm orders for the 777 family w=
ill stand at 77 airplanes, 55 of which are currently in operation. The Si=
ngapore Airlines fleet consists predominantly of Boeing jetliners. =

Source: http://www.boeing.com/news/breakingnews/2004/040825g.html
 =

 =

Roger