From: Matthew Montano [mailto:mmontano@xxxxxxxxx]=20
Sent: Saturday, October 02, 2004 4:05 PM
Subject: DFW and WN

=20

When DFW was first built, no one lived anywhere near the place, and for
Southwest it would of been foolish to move to DFW when the taxi-cab fare
would match the airfare.=20

=20

Nothing's changed on that regard. ($50 each-way from DFW to downtown
Dallas)=20

=20

But now a lot of folks live closer to DFW than Love Field, so it would
definitely make sense.=20

=20

And DFW rarely has the congestion problems that WN avoids like the
plague.=20

=20

If WN served DFW, and since it would not be subject to the DAL
restrictions on where it could fly... I, and likely many others would
pay the same or more to fly WN just to send "a message" to AA. An
interesting situation.=20

On 1-Oct-04, at 11:59 AM, Clay Wardlow wrote:=20

        =20

=09
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/bus/stories/100104dnbussouth

        west.56b78.html=20

        =20

        =3D20=20

        =20

        =3D20=20

        =20

        Southwest may consider D/FW Airport=3D20=20

        =20

        Gates to be vacated by Delta in February could entice carrier=20

        =20

        06:22 AM CDT on Friday, October 1, 2004=3D20=20

        =20

        By ERIC TORBENSON and SUZANNE MARTA / The Dallas Morning News=3D20

        =20

        Southwest Airlines Co., which for years steadfastly avoided
service from=20

        sprawling Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, may be
softening its=20

        stance.=3D20=20

        =20

        The discounter's chief executive said Thursday that executives
are=20

        closely watching how D/FW fills gates soon to be left vacant by
Delta=20

        Air Lines Inc.=3D20=20

        =20

        "It is definitely a situation that we are monitoring," Gary
Kelly, who=20

        was named Southwest's CEO in July, said in an interview.=3D20=20