Re: Stupidity of airline "security" and two incidences

Dennis

The authorities didn't feel that Richard Reed was a dangerous threat
either. No red flags appeared next to his name.

Not until he tried to light his shoe bomb did people know how dangerous he
was. If he had done it in the washroom, that would have been the end of the
aircraft and passengers.

There is a fine line between who is allowed into the US and who isn't. With
his well publicized support for Saddam Hussein, support of the fatwa
regarding Salman Rushdie, I think this would have caused some ripples in
TSA's pond. TSA decided that they'd rather err on the side of caution in
Yusuf Islam's case and order the aircraft to land in Bangor.

Russell
SIN