LHR strike this coming weekend

As I am planning to go through LHR this coming weekend, there is a talk of a
looming strike..

BAHA
Fan of transitioning LHR with ease..

LONDON (AP) -- A union representing refueling crews at Heathrow Airport
broke off talks with management Wednesday, raising a threat of a 48-hour
strike hitting weekend operations.
The Transport and General Workers Union said no progress was made at
Wednesday's meeting with senior management at AFS (H&G Fuel Contracting
Services).

The union, which has threatened a 48-hour strike beginning Friday, is
seeking an 11 percent pay rise for the 40 workers it represents.

AFS serves British Airways, Qantas, Virgin Atlantic, American Airlines,
United and Air Canada, the union said.

BAA PLC, which operates Heathrow, said passengers using the airport on
Friday and Saturday should seek advice from their airline.

"While obviously we hope that the threatened strike action does not take
place, we will work closely with airlines and the handling agents on
contingencies designed to minimize disruption to people's travel plans," BAA
said.