Re: [Sky-1] What would you do in this situation?

Bryant Petitt wrote:
> We actually have a DL CTO here about 13 miles south of
> me (one of the few), when I last went there, (buying a
> ticket for a friend with no Credit Card) the guy I
> spoke with was very helpful in the situation, he had
> been at Delta longer than me!. I BS'ed and even showed
> my old I.D. and he was even more helpful. I know as a
> gate agent I had Carte Blanche as what you can do with
> rebooking, etc., but do the CTO folk do, unless DL
> tells them to in regard to Ivan effecting ATL. These
> CTO folks are all high seniority and some are about to
> retire, I am thinking a trip down there might do more
> good than anything I can do on the phone. At least
> they can put some good stuff in the PNR (if I get the
> right agent).
>
> Any other suggestions?

Sounds like a visit to the CTO is your best bet.  Getting through to DL
can be tough; I've had times with nothing unusual going on and I still
get the busy signal.

Though it looks like Delta and AirTran haven't included ATL in their
waiver policies yet.  Checking weather.com, ATL is sitting in the
projected path area, so maybe tomorrow morning they'll update the policy.

http://www.delta.com/travel/before/travel_updates_flight_info/ivan/index.jsp

http://www.airtran.com/aboutus/news/ivan.jsp

United was very helpful for my brother with Frances, and America West
got him a great deal for Ivan.  $350 round trip MCO-MFR
(Orlando-Medford, OR) booked on day of departure.  Regular/web fare, not
Priceline.  Hopefully you'll find Delta and AirTran equally helpful.

--
David Mueller / MRY
dmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx