Re: SFGate: Alaska Air shuts Oakland base/340 maintenance workers laid off by troubled carrier

...Yup, David,

I am aware of that, just lust for Red Cars I guess,'
you don't have any retro stuff like MSY, MEM and lots
of other cities that had sense enough to never get rid
of what they had...

Still, on my few trips to LAX, seeing that (mostly)
bare strip down Santa Monica Blvd. makes me
alternatively pissed off and sad! Also those
ex-Pacific Electric overpasses on the road that goes
out to Venice.

Bryant Petitt
Cumming, GA