The end is near

Flight Attendants Reject U.S. Airways Deal
September 12, 2004 4:30:00 PM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Flight attendants at US Airways (UAIR) on Sunday sai=
d they had rejected a new proposal by the airline on cuts in wages and be=
nefits which they said fail to improve on sick leave and reserve policies=
=2E =

``We are not only disappointed with the company's latest proposal, we are=
 disgusted,'' said Perry Hayes, president of the Association of Flight At=
tendants US Airways chapter. He said in a statement that flight attendant=
s want the No. 7 U.S. airline to survive, ``but not at the cost of their =
own survival.'' =

US Airways struck an agreement with its pilots union on Saturday to resum=
e talks over a $295 million package of concessions as the company tries t=
o avert another bankruptcy filing. =

=A9 2004 Reuters =

Roger
EWROPS