Re: SFGate: Air Canada's creditors overwhelmingly approve restructuring plan

Bad service?

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Matthew Montano
Sent: August 18, 2004 4:56 PM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: SFGate: Air Canada's creditors overwhelmingly approve
restructuring plan

Well, I'll be....

Reading into the details that have been released, it appears that the rabbit
is being pulled out a hat on this one.

- Labour costs seem to have been brought in line
- Routes have been rationalized
- Fleet is thoroughly rationalized
- Load-factors are through the rough
- While their domestic competition is growing, the market appears to be
growing even faster
- US based competition has a low priority of AC's US routes
- I understand the international routes, especially for US originations is
doing extremely well

What could derail AC now?

http://www.redmac.ca - Your Source for Macintosh Enhancements in Canada
http://www.justaddanoccasion.com - Anytime gifts and momentos with a