  From: damiross2@xxxxxxxxxxx=20
  To: The Airline List ; Allan9=20
  Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 2:29 PM
  Subject: Re: [AIRLINE] SFGate: Airline executives warned to ease =
flight delays at O'Hare in Chicago

  (from David "Moderated so it will never get to the list" R. please =
forward to the list).

  With many cities, and I imagne Chicago is no different, having more =
businesses moving to the suburbs, why does it matter how far the airport =
is from the downtown area?

  What is the development like in the southern suburbs of Chicago?  The =
Gary area? It would seem like if these areas are developing, then a =
south-of-Chicago airport would make sense.

  David R

    -------------- Original message --------------=20

    > http://www.lib.niu.edu/ipo/ii931123.html=20
    >=20
    > ----- Original Message -----=20

Chicago=20
    > will not give up ORD totally.=20
    > You'd end up with a DFW/DAL situation and maybe another Wright=20
    > Ammendment.=20
    > Al=20
    >=20
    > ----- Original Message -----=20
I=20
    > assume it would be far away from downtown Chicago. Are the people =
of=20
    > Chicago willing to drive (I'm guessing) 60 miles away from =
downtown to=20
    > get to the airport? Is that realistic?=20
    >=20
    > I'd LOVE to see a large, new airport for Chicago and for the US.=20
    > Hopefully we've learned a few things from Denver.=20
    >=20
    > Clay - SEA=20
    >=20
    >=20