Re: Ryanair introduces new seating

Lets see this on Airport next season!

-----Original Message-----
From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Travel Pages
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2004 10:53 AM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Ryanair introduces new seating

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/uk/3920503.stm

Pilot quits after crew incident

A senior pilot with budget airline Ryanair has resigned after allowing
two off-duty cabin staff to fly from Spain seated in the toilets.

The captain let the crew members fly from Girona to Dublin, even though
the flight last Sunday was fully booked.

Ryanair says it sacked both cabin crew, who were returning from a
holiday, after they refused to resign.

The Irish Aviation Authority has now launched an investigation into the
incident.

Ryanair said it had launched an internal investigation over the past
five days, and would also co-operate fully with the IAA.

A Ryanair spokesman said: "As a result of this investigation, the
captain has tendered his resignation from the airline with immediate
effect."

The two crew, who had been on holiday in Barcelona, were allowed to sit
in the plane's rear toilets because there were no other seats.

The spokesman said both were senior staff members, and "therefore fully
aware of our seating and boarding regulations".

As a result of this investigation, the captain has tendered his
resignation from the airline with immediate effect

They had "refused an offer to resign, and have been dismissed for gross
misconduct", he said.

He added that the captain was fully aware of the incident and that it
was in breach of boarding and operating procedures.

A spokeswoman for the IAA said: "We have started an investigation into
the matter and it is something that we are taking very seriously."