For all AI2004 Attendees...

--Apple-Mail-2--396518400

For all AI2004 Attendees who thought that AI2004 needed a little=20
"spruce up"....here is a story that I first saw after returning to my=20
"Charles-style" room in Beverly Hills after the banquet last night...

Pilot Arrested After Botched Landing

  SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (AP) - A single-engine plane trying to make an=20=

emergency landing on a freeway Saturday clipped a van and flipped=20
upside down, and the pilot was arrested for flying under the influence=20=

of alcohol, authorities said.

   Pilot Marc South, 53, of Eloy, Ariz., was treated for minor injuries=20=

before being taken into custody, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's=20
Department said in a statement.

  South was administered a sobriety test, said Officer Brian Joy of the=20=

California Highway Patrol. His blood-alcohol level was not released but=20=

Joy noted that pilots are subject to tougher standards. The legal level=20=

for pilots is below .04 percent. For drivers, the legal limit is .08=20
percent.

  South told investigators his plane's engine died and he began making=20=

an emergency landing on northbound lanes of Interstate 5. Drivers=20
slowed down to make way but South lost control when the plane's wing=20
clipped a van, said Officer Brian Joy of the California Highway Patrol.

  The driver of the van, 58-year-old David White, was not injured.

  ``I had my driver's side window up and it smashed right into it,''=20
White told KNBC-TV.

  South's two-seat Ercoupe was headed from La Verne to Sacramento, said=20=

Diana Joubert, regional operations officer for the Federal Aviation=20
Administration. The plane, which Joubert said was heavily damaged, was=20=

removed from the scene.

`

David M. Knies
President, CEO
Knies Aviation, Inc.
PO Box 14201
Huntsville, AL 35815
(256) 658-7475
(256) 882-1485 Fax
david@xxxxxxxxx

"The Sky Is Not The Limit.....The Ground Is....."

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:=A0 The information contained in this=20
communication, including attachments is privileged and confidential.=A0=20=

It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee.=A0 If the=20
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee=20
or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you=20
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of=20=

this communication is strictly prohibited.=A0 If you have received this=20=

communication in error please notify us by telephone immediately at=20
256-658-7475.=A0 Thank you.=

--Apple-Mail-2--396518400

For all AI2004 Attendees who thought that AI2004 needed a little
"spruce up"....here is a story that I first saw after returning to my
"Charles-style" room in Beverly Hills after the banquet last night...

Arrested After Botched Landing

single-engine plane trying to make an emergency landing on a freeway
Saturday clipped a van and flipped upside down, and the pilot was
arrested for flying under the influence of alcohol, authorities said.=20

</x-tad-smaller>Pilot Marc South, 53, of Eloy, Ariz., was treated for
minor injuries before being taken into custody, the Los Angeles County
Sheriff's Department said in a statement.=20

<x-tad-smaller> </x-tad-smaller>South was administered a sobriety
test, said Officer Brian Joy of the California Highway Patrol. His
blood-alcohol level was not released but Joy noted that pilots are
subject to tougher standards. The legal level for pilots is below .04
percent. For drivers, the legal limit is .08 percent.=20

<x-tad-smaller> </x-tad-smaller>South told investigators his plane's
engine died and he began making an emergency landing on northbound
lanes of Interstate 5. Drivers slowed down to make way but South lost
control when the plane's wing clipped a van, said Officer Brian Joy of
the California Highway Patrol.=20

<x-tad-smaller> </x-tad-smaller>The driver of the van, 58-year-old
David White, was not injured.=20

<x-tad-smaller> </x-tad-smaller>``I had my driver's side window up and
it smashed right into it,'' White told KNBC-TV.=20

<x-tad-smaller> </x-tad-smaller>South's two-seat Ercoupe was headed
from La Verne to Sacramento, said Diana Joubert, regional operations
officer for the Federal Aviation Administration. The plane, which
Joubert said was heavily damaged, was removed from the scene.=20

</fontfamily>`

David M. Knies

President, CEO

Knies Aviation, Inc.

PO Box 14201

Huntsville, AL 35815

(256) 658-7475

(256) 882-1485 Fax

david@xxxxxxxxx

"The Sky Is Not The Limit.....The Ground Is....."

information contained in this communication, including attachments is
privileged and confidential.=A0 It is intended only for the exclusive
use of the addressee.=A0 If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
strictly prohibited.=A0 If you have received this communication in error
please notify us by telephone immediately at 256-658-7475.=A0 Thank =
you.</smaller></fontfamily>=

--Apple-Mail-2--396518400--