From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of =
David
MR
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 8:22 PM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Fw: Commercial Aviation Today for July 9, 2004 -- Temasek =
Eyeing
Indian AL Investments

2-2132 Commercial Aviation Today - 2004-07/09Ryanair to Eliminate =
Checked
Baggage

Bloomberg reports that Ryanair plans to eliminate checked baggage in a =
bid
to reduce costs by as much as =A35 ($9.26) a passenger.

According to the report, the airline will encourage people to buy more =
items
at their destination rather than bring them with them.

Ryanair Chief Executive Michael O'Leary told Bloomberg. "With the =
savings
you make on our fares, you can afford to buy your hairdryers and things =
when
you get there."

After checked baggage has been eliminated, which O'Leary reportedly said
would take more than a year, Ryanair will fly with its cargo holds =
empty.

My comments

This airline is getting really absurd about reducing weight on the =
aircraft
and saving money.  First it's no windowshades or backseat pockets - now
this.  This airline will soon find itself flying very lightweight =
aircraft
because it will be flying without passengers.

David R