Re: Delta's retro paint job

Hello Mike,
     Traffic at ANC is pretty much around the clock at this time of year. We
are the largest cargo airport in the world in terms of landed weight. NWA,
UPS, and FDX all have hubs here. In addition, we get about 200 heavies per day
from JAL, KAL, NCA, SIA, EVA, CAL, QFA, GTI, PAC, CSN, CES, CCA, and just about
every other Asian cargo carrier. Our passenger traffic runs pretty much the
gamut of the west coast carriers (ASA, AWE, UAL, CAL, NWA, COA, ACA, FFT, DAL,
SCX, and AAL). We see mostly Boeing products, that includes the MD10/11's, and
a few of the smaller Airbus products (mostly A320's and A319's). CAL provides
us with our only A343 flight of the day. We also host the world's busiest
floatplane operation in the world. We have over 1000 floatplanes of all types on
Lake Hood. Even an occasional Piper Aztec on floats. Oh yeah, FDX notified us
last week that their A380's will be based here.
     By the way, Walter was kind enough to tell me that Delta's retro paint
job debuted on April 23rd.

Stuart
ANC ATCT

P.S. I used the ICAO identifiers for the airlines since I don't know all the
IATA ones. :-)