Hawaiian Airlines trustee booted from flight

SOURCE: KPUA
http://www.kpua.net/news.php?id=2502

Hawaiian Airlines trustee booted from flight

By Associated Press

(Honolulu-AP) -- Hawaiian Airlines trustee Joshua Gotbaum was booted off a flight after a company pilot told him he could not safely fly the Boeing jet with the trustee aboard.

Veteran Hawaiian pilot Craig Kobayashi says he was upset with Gotbaum's policies, but was not trying to make a labor statement when he asked the trustee to leave the plane that was departing Honolulu for San Francisco on Thursday.

Kobayashi says it was strictly a matter of safety, not a vendetta.

Kobayashi says quote -- ``I didn't feel that I could function properly.''

Airline spokesman Keoni Wagner says Gotbaum agreed to leave rather than delay the takeoff.

Federal Aviation Administration officials say airline captains have the right to ask anyone to leave their planes.