Re: LGA vs JFK

She's usually starting from around City Hall, where her dad's place is.
As with all things, I'm sure that starting from the Upper East side is
a much less pleasant process.

On Jun 25, 2004, at 8:47, David W. levine wrote:
> As with much of NYC, depends where you are.The killer is that the
> AirTrain
> hooks in at Jamaica in queens. You get there either from Penn Station
> on the
> LIRR, or the Subway. This means you have to factor in getting to the
> starting
> line at Penn. (Via some transit option) or using transit to get to
> Jamaica.

When then put in BART to the airport for SFO, the trains are big enough
but the fare gates aren't. There are supposed to be
'oversized'/wheelchair accessible gates, but they're only at the
airport & Millbrae stations and they have been broken since the day
they were installed. The new stations can handle it, but the ones
can't. And don't even think about making an elevator call for bags (if
the elevator at your station is in service).

> The NYC subway is not a friendly place if you're hauling a reasonable
> sized bag. I don't fancy doing it with just my roller-bag carry-on and
> briefcase,
> and I'd hate to try it with a full sized check-in bag. No real
> dedicated spots for
> luggage, hostile transfers (Stairs, walkways, escalators, with only
> random
> Elevators here and there)

I'll remind her of that.