Re: SFGate: Virgin to buy Airbus airplanes/Branson names carrier; executive lineup announced

----- Original Message -----
From: David MR <damiross2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, June 17, 2004 12:57 pm
Subject: Re: SFGate: Virgin to buy Airbus airplanes/Branson names carrier; executive lineup announced

> : > Boeing aircraft are much better than Airbus.  From a safety
> : > standpoint, I'd much rather fly in a Boeing prodcut than an Airbus
> : > product.
> : More opinionated crap.
> Do you think an Airbus jet could do a barrell roll - the 707 did.
> Do you think an Airbus jet could survive with half of its wing
> missing (and
> the engine there)? - a 707 did
> Do you think an Airbus jet could become a convertible (a la Aloha
> 737) and
> still land safely

Riiiiiight. An aircraft made 40 years ago by one company is stronger than a plane made now by another company? Subjective at best as it's never been proven. Either way, it's irrelevant as it's still an opinion. Facts I said, David, not more of the same. It would be great if you could argue with your intellect instead of your emotions.

After Sept 11, I posted an email nailing my colours very firmly to the US mast. I stand by that email but jeez, I find this Airbus v Boeing crap really childish. Both companies make safe, reliable, high quality machines. They wouldn't still be in business if they didn't

Grant
SYD
QF