Frustration

Hello Everyone...

=20

I'm reading a thread on airliners.net about US vs European terminal
design. The start of it was someone wondering why there are so many
great terminal buildings in Europe while the US has fallen behind the
times.

=20

Of course there's talk about DEN being beautiful and "a work of art,"
however someone said it was too far away to be convenient. Now this
comment actually irritates me. I want to comment on it, but don't feel
that paying the $5/month would be worth me posting one comment, so I'm
going to make my comment to you all. ;-)

=20

Yes, DEN is out a ways. However... let's look at the history of new
airports that have been built "a long ways away from the city."

=20

DFW, IAD, IAH, MCI for examples. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't
the only one left that is still sort of "a long ways away" MCI? DFW is
in the middle of the city now, as is IAH and IAD feels that way too.
I've read stories in the Dallas news papers of the time when DFW was
built talking about the same thing people say about DEN being too far
away. I doubt people would say that about DFW now. Now when people in
the Dallas area talk about getting out to DFW it's usually how long they
are stuck in traffic not that it's in the middle of no-where. I just
want to ask this guy when the last time he was at DEN... there's all
kinds of offices and apartments being built around the airport now.
Before too long when the airport wants to expand, they're going to have
to go through the "NIMBY" issue as any other airport does. GRRRRRR

=20

I just had to get that off my chest. :-)

=20

Clay - SEA

=20