Re: Worst Airfield Config

At 03:13 PM 6/7/2004 -0700, Clay Wardlow wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>What's everyone's opinion as to the (worst) airfield configuration for a
>major airport?
>
>I've heard that SNA and BOS are pretty bad. Where else do you all think?

I'm not particularly familiar with BOS. SNA has the same limitations as any
single runway airport; you could just as easily name LGW, London Gatwick,
which probably gets more traffic.

Personally, I'd use SFO, San Francisco International, as an example of "how
not to do it." Yes, it has two sets of parallel runways -- but they're too
close together for dual operations in ILS conditions. Maybe they were far
enough apart for contemporary planes when the runways were built, but now
they're an embarrassment.

>Clay - SEA

Nick (IAD)