Re: US Airways and Eastern USA

80% of the seats that get into the air flying. The problem is that
there are so many seats left on the ground.

Most of the majors have a good number of planes parked in various
place, many still on the books. Some of the majors have cut back on the
number of banks through the hubs or changed their scheduling to reduce
their aircraft utilization.

Leases and salaries still get paid (for now.)

Too many airlines are stuck with:

- Year 2000 'over-the-top' union contracts with only a few since rolled
back.
- Year 2001 fleet sizes, albeit with some of the deadwood removed
- Post 9/11, post dot.com depressed traffic levels
- AirTran/SouthWest fares
- Year 1990 or 1973 type fuel prices

Thinking of it that way, I'm amazed that so many of them are still
flying!

My opinions only.

Matthew