Re: taking pictures at BHX

If flying in to BHX, just come out of the terminal(s) and turn left.
Walk to the car park...following the fence. There's a small hassle-
free spectators park in the corner of the car park. . Standard zoom
and 50mm will be fine...actually a small digital that can fit thru a
standard chain link is better  since its unlikely you'll have a
stepladder!
Not sure if the spectators gallery on the top floor of the terminal is
still open. I think it is  but its behind glass and not `that' great
though worth a visit.

Hope that helps.

--
Niels