Re: Eleven more roundtrips authorized for Reagan National Airport

The DOT website has a more descriptive article, detailing what the new
slots are:

> For services within the perimeter, DOT granted two exemptions each to
> AirTran Airways for service to Atlanta; Comair for service to
> Jackson, MS or Lexington, KY; Midwest Airlines for service to Kansas
> City, MO; Spirit Airlines for service to Detroit; and US Airways for
> service to Asheville, NC, Chattanooga, TN, or Wilmington, NC.
>
> For beyond-perimeter services, the department awarded four exemptions
> to Alaska Airlines to provide one daily nonstop flight to Seattle and
> one to Los Angeles; two to America West Airlines for service to
> Phoenix; four to Frontier Airlines for service to Denver; and two to
> United Air Lines also for service to Denver.

http://www.dot.gov/affairs/dot4504.htm

What I want to know is, why are half of the beyond-perimeter slots going
to Denver?

Alaska already flies SEA-DCA, America West already flies PHX-DCA, and
Frontier already flies DEN-DCA.  The only new route is Alaska's LAX-DCA,
and United doesn't currently operate in the DEN-DCA market.

--
David Mueller / MRY
dmueller7@xxxxxxxxx

...fan of Aloha telling off the DOT